Sunday, November 9, 2008

Traveling again/Women for taller men/Utah vs. BYU Tixs/Neck Ties

So I'm leaving for New Orleans in the morning, and in style, riding 1st class, baby!! I love the Big Easy, the food, culture, music and history. I wanted to live there but Katrina thought it was a better idea I didn't. I haven't been there since so it will be interesting to see how things are now.




An Observation
While visiting some friends the topic of our preferences for the opposite sex was brought up and it seemed unanimous among the women in the group that they prefer taller (above 5'10) blond men. That seems to be the commonality here in SLC. Just means us shorter men (I'm 5'8) with darker hair have to try harder!
On the other hand, I'm not one for taller women. To be honest, that's my top preference, that she be as tall or shorter than I am. Can't be like Tom Cruise here.

After the Utah vs. TCU game, Marlon and Miguel had a great idea to wait in line and camp out to get tickets to the Utah BYU game. They even told us about it and we decided to join them camping on in line to get some tickets as well. We were the 4th tent from the front of the line that wrapped around the stadium and into the parking lot. Some of our group members even ended up in the newspaper (LtoR Marlon Brando, K-Rock and Ti Lo).

Here's a video of the line camp-out. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4743261

And lastly,
Why is it that the tag in the back of my ties always become loose? Even on my expensive ties.
Just a random though, actually nothing more to add there.

Wombat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you wanted a comment? I stayed overnight in New Orleans once on my way from Texas to Florida for a family vacay and we stayed in this old historic hotel in the French Quarter that I SWEAR was haunted. Walking down the dimly lit hallway I felt someone was following me and we kept hearing strange noises outside our door, and more than one of us felt like someone or something was sitting on the edge of our bed at one point during the night...my sis and I were so freaked out we couldn't sleep. I am now afraid of the French Quarter in New Orleans. Plus the streets reaked of urine and the kids kept asking what that smell was. How do you explain to a 3 and 4 year old that sometimes people get drunk and like to pee in the street? Hope you don't have any ghostly encounters or step in any suspicious puddles there my friend...wait, no, I hope you do, then it will give you more to blog about :)

becca said...

saw your blog on your facebook page. i'm now adding it to my google reader.

becca said...

even thought you haven't blogged for a year.